WELCOME!

Welcome to my Blog! I will be using this to post sneak peeks from portrait sessions, announcement specials, and to help you get to know me and my photographic style.

In a few words, I am an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. I strive to capture the organic moments of every stage of life. The real moments. The natural interactions. The ones that will evoke emotion, every time you reflect on them.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a photograher and a speech-language pathologist. I am a perfectionist yet still a big kid at heart.

I hope you enjoy your visit enough to add me to your regular blog reads. I also hope that from time to time, you give me some feedback by leaving me a comment.

~ Kimberly Svenson

Monday, July 5, 2010

Mine on Monday - Sarasota Family Photographer

I once again have to admit, I have neglected "Mine on Mondays". But, today I'm going to redeem myself with some images of my family. We celebrated my mom's birthday this week-end. We were beyond fortunate to get a couple minutes between major thunder storms and pouring rain to do a quick beach session on Longboat Key. I have been planning on this since Christmas, it was part of my parent's gift actually. We had several issues come up in between that stopped us from doing their session. A little rain wasn't going to stop it this time.

My mom adores the beach. She and I are a lot a like in that regard and it seems my kids now also share that love. So, the beach seemed the most fitting for their session. I do have to admit, initially, I was a little disappointed about the rain. We always talk about the "chamber of commerce" blue skies and it did not appear as though we were going to have them. But, I actually love the depth the clouds give to the images. We did even get some very brief blue skies in between rain showers.

Here are just a few of my favorites with my mom. Happy Birthday again to the most amazing WOMAN around. I wouldn't be half the woman or mother I am without your guidance. Thank you for being my role model, cheerleader and friend. We are all blessed to have you. I love you for all that you are, all that you do, and all that you've made me! Here are just a quick and brief sample of our Family beach session.


One Happy Mammy!


As you can see, the feelings are mutual! One Happy Caroline...


Mammy and Pap Pap Jumping waves with Thomas and Madelyn




THE MOST GENEROUS, AMAZING, WONDERFUL Parents...

3 comments:

Donna said...

If I can stop the tears from streaming, I could see them better. You are awesome, the pictures are awesome. I usually hate myself in most pictures...but I can't say that this time. Thanks for all that you are and all that you do to make our family so special. I love you.

Becky said...

These are adorable! love them.

RottenMom said...

Hi there Cousin!

What gorgeous kids you have! These photos are amazing and I too cried when I saw how beautiful my Aunt and Uncle are. Rain or no rain, these are perfect! Love to you and those sweetie pies! XO Denise