WELCOME!

Welcome to my Blog! I will be using this to post sneak peeks from portrait sessions, announcement specials, and to help you get to know me and my photographic style.

In a few words, I am an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. I strive to capture the organic moments of every stage of life. The real moments. The natural interactions. The ones that will evoke emotion, every time you reflect on them.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a photograher and a speech-language pathologist. I am a perfectionist yet still a big kid at heart.

I hope you enjoy your visit enough to add me to your regular blog reads. I also hope that from time to time, you give me some feedback by leaving me a comment.

~ Kimberly Svenson

Monday, July 26, 2010

Me on Monday -

For nearly six years now, I go through phases that are clearly related to pregnancy and having young children and babies. When I'm pregnant, my normally unmanageable, frizzy hair becomes fuller, thicker and, a little less frizzy. I swear, I don't lose one strand of hair when I'm pregnant. Then, I give birth and several months later, start the lovely phase of massive shedding (trust me, that is the understatement of the decade). Add to that a baby that is either pulling my hair, holding onto it for support, or using it as a lovey on good days and as a burp cloth on others. I end up wearing my hair pulled back into a pony tale and severely lack any sort of fashion or style. This results in the need for a major hair cut and make-over.

So, for over a year now, I've been been growing out my hair. I expected the same results and planned ahead to get it cut once I had at least 10 inches. Why ten you ask? Well, that is the minimum amount that can be donated to Locks Of Love, an organization that uses the donations to make wigs for children suffering from hair loss. In doing my research for donation requirements, I also came across Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hair donations to Pantene's organization go to women fighting breast cancer. The requirements for Pantene are actually a little less (only 8 inches are needed for them). With that in mind, I decided I was ready NOW!

So, on Saturday, Madelyn accompanied me (and played the role as Event Photographer) to the salon to get my cut. She has also been growing her hair out. In fact, in 5 1/4 years, she's never had a real hair cut. It is my hope to encourage her (and many of you) to do the same. So, here I am...








5 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! Sassy, short, and ADORABLE!

Nicole D. said...

Wow, that was a long ponytail! I love the new cut, it looks GREAT! Very flattering :)

Melissa Bond said...

Hope you are enjoying your new style, you look great Kimberly! Hope Bjorn likes it. Madelyn is clearly going to be just like her momma, she did a awesome job with the photography.

Kim said...

Your hair looks incredible!!!

Nicole said...

Looks great!! Love that style!