WELCOME!

Welcome to my Blog! I will be using this to post sneak peeks from portrait sessions, announcement specials, and to help you get to know me and my photographic style.

In a few words, I am an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. I strive to capture the organic moments of every stage of life. The real moments. The natural interactions. The ones that will evoke emotion, every time you reflect on them.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a photograher and a speech-language pathologist. I am a perfectionist yet still a big kid at heart.

I hope you enjoy your visit enough to add me to your regular blog reads. I also hope that from time to time, you give me some feedback by leaving me a comment.

~ Kimberly Svenson

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Maci - Sarasota Baby Photographer

Maci and her Mom and Dad drove from St. Petersburg last week for their session so I was a little more worried about the weather than usual. I did have a back-up plan, but I really love shooting in a settings where I can work with natural light and find that most babies and children do better in a non-studio type situation. I was biting my nails hoping we escaped the summer afternoon and evening thunderstorms for several hours prior to their session. The skies were getting that ominous gray, and I was beginning to think we were going to have to go with plan B. But, we got LUCKY! The weather held out and we ended up with a pretty mild evening, considering we are in Florida and it's late June. In fact, it is the only evening out of fourteen that did not involve thunder and lightning.

Maci was a perfect angel and seemed to read my mind. She looked up when I hoped she would, ate her toes, sat, rolled, smiled and giggled. She has the most amazing BLUE eyes that just seemed to sparkle. It was great to meet you Beth and Travis! I can't wait to document Macey's growth and her milestones over the next several months.







2 comments:

Kim Schmidt said...

What gorgeous eyes she has! Love the family shot!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. It's hard to catch babies in a photogenic mood. She looks as if she was having the time of her life...such gorgeous blue eyes!