WELCOME!

Welcome to my Blog! I will be using this to post sneak peeks from portrait sessions, announcement specials, and to help you get to know me and my photographic style.

In a few words, I am an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. I strive to capture the organic moments of every stage of life. The real moments. The natural interactions. The ones that will evoke emotion, every time you reflect on them.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a photograher and a speech-language pathologist. I am a perfectionist yet still a big kid at heart.

I hope you enjoy your visit enough to add me to your regular blog reads. I also hope that from time to time, you give me some feedback by leaving me a comment.

~ Kimberly Svenson

Monday, August 17, 2009

SWEET CAROLINE

On Friday, August 14, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Caroline Belle was born. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 inches long. Our biggest baby in weight and length by a good amount. She was born with a full head of thick, dark black hair and her complexion is much darker than Madelyn's or Thomas's. Her eyes are the typical non-descripr newborn grayish right now, but at times look quite blue.

She certainly surprised me, since I was about 90% sure she was a boy. I have to admit, she was nameless for nearly 48 hours. Caroline Belle was our top "girl" name, but after seeing her, I wasn't sure it fit her. But, she is so, so incredibly sweet. It was Saturday night/early Sunday morning when I decided she would be Caroline Belle, and now I can't believe I doubted it to begin with. She is a very easy gong baby. She sleeps soundly and loves to snuggle. She's got her days and nights mixed up a little bit, but is pretty happy even at night, as long as she's being snuggled or swaddled.

I of course, will have a million and one pictures to share at some point, but wanted to post some quick snap shots from the hospital.



She was already baking in the Florida Sun this morning. She has borderline high bilirubin levels, so in addition to getting extra blood work done for monitoring, she needs to get some indirect sunlight as well. She seemed to love it actually.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

She's GORGEOUS Kimberly!! Congrats to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!! I am counting down the days until I can get her in that first dance class! I was praying for a girl!! Yay!

-Miss Jill

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the whole family! How convenient that you have another sun/beach lover already. Can't wait to meet her this winter and hear how big sis and bro are doing.
Take care,
Alli, Rick, Abby, and Will

Kim Schmidt said...

Congratulations S family! Such a beautiful little girl.