WELCOME!

Welcome to my Blog! I will be using this to post sneak peeks from portrait sessions, announcement specials, and to help you get to know me and my photographic style.

In a few words, I am an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. I strive to capture the organic moments of every stage of life. The real moments. The natural interactions. The ones that will evoke emotion, every time you reflect on them.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend. I am a photograher and a speech-language pathologist. I am a perfectionist yet still a big kid at heart.

I hope you enjoy your visit enough to add me to your regular blog reads. I also hope that from time to time, you give me some feedback by leaving me a comment.

~ Kimberly Svenson

Sunday, December 20, 2009

{The REAL DEAL!} - Sarasota Children'sPhotographer

We have been quite busy with Christmas festivities and I do have intentions of sharing some of those details soon, once I process them. But, I couldn't help but post just a couple from today. We went to Brunch with Santa today. It's a tradition we've done as a family for several years, each year gets a little more magical. The Santa is amazing, I'm pretty sure he's the REAL DEAL, no helper here! He magically knew that Madelyn and Thomas had both outgrown their Crocs and even knew their size and favorite colors!

Caroline and Santa...


One of my favorite pictures of ALL times! I absolutely LOVE this one. Such a classic.


The Svenson Crew - Madelyn, Caroline, Thomas and Bjorn with the Big Guy


We didn't tell the kids where we were going. It's a game we play with them whenever There's a special occasion. I initially started it a couple years ago, to prevent any drama in case that we were unable to make an event, but now it's a fun guessing game. Madelyn almost always figures it out beforehand, and today was no exception. She grabbed a gift bag and an "art project" (tracing of shapes on one side, address label stickers with handwritten names by her and Thomas on the other) before leaving the house and said "just in case we are going to see Santa, I want to bring him a present". This is Santa admiring the present. I ADORE the look on both of their faces, Madelyn has the shy but proud look and Thomas is proud and amazed. So them.




As a photographer, it's hard to allow myself to just take snapshots of moments and not always strive to get a portrait. If I was going for the portrait, I would have missed these moments, ones that I wouldn't trade for the world. And, as I sit here tonight writing this post, they are both in bed, wearing their new Crocs to sleep. There truly is nothing more amazing than experiencing Christmas through their eyes.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

These are so cute and so magical! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!